Friday, April 24, 2009

Chicago Cubs Game


Man, did we have a blast in Chicago yesterday. We drove overnight from Nashville and arrived just before lunch in time to shower and head to Wrigley field to sing the national anthem for the Cubs-Reds game. I have seen a couple games at Wrigley and always wanted to do the anthem there and finally, my dream came true. I just love doing the anthem's at any sporting event but the history of Wrigley is just so cool. Standing on the same field as some of the game greats. Babe Ruth, Jackie Robinson, and the voice of the Cubs, Harry Caray to name a few. We did a great job of the anthem and then got to go have lunch on top of the Cubby Bear roof top. The game was exiting but the Cubs couldn't pull off a victory. Later that night, we did a 1 hour set across the street at the Cubby Bear bar for a packed house. We are getting great response to some of the new material we've put in the set. I LOVE CHICAGO !!!!!



Dale



4 comments:

  1. Okay Dale sweetie I'm impressed with your knowledge of the history of Wrigley Field (especially with that hideous White Sox hat you so love to sport..lol). BUT do you know what team Babe Ruth was with when he played at Wrigley Field? Go on..........impress me more! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun. I remember seeing games there BEFORE they even had lights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay juat watched the video and saying you don't know who's on top is quite a loaded statement! ;)

    BUT (assuming it's baseball you're talking about), let me help ya out a bit. Toronto, Detroit, Seattle, Florida, St. Louis, and (sigh cause Joey is gonna give me crap) the Dodgers. Toronto has the best record in baseball right now. But it's April, and even the Pirates have a winning record so give it time. In July we'll see something totally different I'm sure. Worst team in baseball is easily the Nationals, and that won't change cause they're just bad.

    Now if you weren't talking about baseball, we'll have to talk later.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the video and you guys looked like you were having way too much fun! :P LOL
    Dale's right tho' about Wrigley Field and it's history; but sorry I have to say growing up in the Milwaukee area, Chi-town was always our "friendly competition" :) lol

    Thanks for sharing all your different experiences with us!

    ReplyDelete